Start A Career In The Investment Industry
Contrarius is a small, but successful and global, investment manager, focusing primarily on shares. We enjoy meeting bright, enthusiastic people wanting to start a career in the investment industry. We are in Jersey, Channel Islands.
Numeracy is essential, but you don't need any specific experience. Everyone, even on day one, is a key part of the team, and takes part in a variety of critical functions. These may include:
- Fund accounting and monitoring,
- Dealing with fund service providers,
- Trading and settlement,
- Investment research.
Why you might like us
- We're a small business. That means a variety of work, broad exposure across the business, and direct access to senior management in four countries,
- Manage your own time. We have no timesheets. We are more interested in the quality of your work,
- We encourage long-term, diverse, and broad professional development, and cover the relevant costs,
- We reward high-performing, long-term thinkers. We don’t want to give scarce, valuable colleagues reasons to leave.
Why we may not be a good fit for everyone
- We are motivated by pride in our work, not by nine-to-five clocks,
- We expect our colleagues to go beyond minimum requirements,
- Colleagues must be thoughtful and methodical,
- We think and invest for the long term, which sometimes means short-term sacrifices,
- We will only consider candidates with the right to work in Jersey.
Applications will be dealt with in strict confidence. Applicants should apply via email with a detailed resume to:
Contrarius Investment Management Limited